|Title||Palmer Almanac Collection|
|Date||1818-1847; 1869 (non-inclusive)|
|Scope & Content||
This collection contains 7 volumes of almanacs plus separate weather recordings from the William P. Palmer collection. Several of the volumes contain mulitple years and multiple almanacs bound together with Palmer's handwritten notes and observations. Items included in the collection are:
- Agricultural Almanac, 2 volumes. The first volume includes 1818, 1819, and 1820. The second volume includes 1821-1824 bound together.
- Hagerstown Town and Country Almanack, 1 volume, 1869.
- Friends United States Almanac for 1830 and 1832 and the Farmer's Almanac for 1831 all bound together. The volume also contains numerous handwritten notes on weather conditions.
- Farmers & Mechanics Almanacks, 3 volumes. The first volume contains almanacs for 1833-1835 bound together with handwritten weather recordings of Brookeville, MD; the 1843 and 1844 volumes also contain weather recordings.
- Palmer's weather recordings--1839-1842, 1845, 1847
|Access Conditions||This item is restricted for conservation issues. Please contact the Librarian to discuss access to the material.|
Palmer, William P. (Dr.)